Wednesday, October 7, 2009

October 7, 2009

I had my monthly Zometa infusion yesterday; and felt quite achy the rest of the day. I feel reasonably good today. It seems, however, that the achy-feelings go away within two days. Zometa infusion (counting preliminary bloodwork) takes about 1 1/2 hours, which is just time to read a magazine or two.

I have learned not to take Zometa on the same day as Velcade chemo. If I have to take both, I would just choose separate days.

If there are any other Zometa users out there reading this blog; what has been your experience?

3 comments:

  1. My husband actually got a fever 2 days after his first infusion but that never happened again. Now, the most he has is a little achyness and probably a little more fatigue
    than normal but not enough to stop him from working, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment: I haven't had a fever yet; hopefully I will be spared this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I was diagnosed with MM on April 13 of this year. I had Zometa 3 times and got a fever and aches about 24 hours after the treatment each time. My Dr. switched me to Aredia. It's a two hour drip, but well worth it....no aches, no fever...I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete