Friday, July 9, 2010

July 9, 2010

Last Wednesday (7/7/2010), I went over to hospital and picked up a CD of my recent CAT-Scan and MRI and took them to another doctor to get a second opinion; he did this and confirmed that the lesions in my vertebra are myeloma. He also called this in my O/H who will be setting up a radiation treatment appointment; hopefully in the next two weeks. I still have no pain and generally feel reasonably good.

The radiologist who rendered the second opinion also suggested that possibly after the radiation treatment is completed, I should consider vertebrolasty (sp?) treatment. This is basically a grout job of the lesions so that they will be less susceptible to fracture. While there is no evidence of fracture so far, I do have several lesions and thus I am susceptible to fractures. The grout job won't cure anything or mitigate existing pain (which I don't have), but will just make the vertebra less susceptible to fracture.

This reminds me of the winter of 1977 when I grouted up a leaking dam in Maine; temperatures were 10-20 degrees below zero; it took 2 months but the leak was plugged.

Today is dex day so I probably won't sleep much tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment