Friday, February 18, 2011

February 19, 2011

Visited the H/O last Monday and got results of last lab work (labs were done 2/7/2011). BP was normal but on high end (133/87). Weight was up a tad (about 1.5 pounds). WBC = 4.3 (up from last month). Hemoglobin = 15.5. Hematocrit = 45.7. Platelets = 252.0. RBC = 4.59. Creatine = 0.87. Calcium = 8.8. All of the above are in the normal range.

M-spike was 1.2 g/dl, which is a drop from last month. Igg and Kappa LC were not available. When considering that the M-spike went down even though I have been off chemo for 7 months now, I see that as a good sign. Still taking 10 mg of dex once a week; this, however, is manageable. M-spike will not stay in this range forever; so sooner or later I will go back on chemo.

I take my 23rd Zometa bone infusion on the 25th of this month. On the 22nd, I will have a bone density scan. Depending on the results of the scan, a decision will be made about continuing.

My next appointment with my H/O is the first week in April. At that time, I will have been of chemo for 9 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment