Saturday, August 15, 2009

August 15, 2009

Yesterday was a crappy day; didn't feel good and my wife and I cancelled plans for going out for dinner. Today seems better; and we will try and go out tonight.

Yesterday, I noted that the time-frame from my initial doctor visit to diagnosis was 5 weeks. My O/H also gives me my CBC (basic blood work) within 1/4 hour of the blood being drawn. So far I have been impressed with the professionalism of the O/H office. Blood work that has to sent to out-of-town laboratory takes about 5-7 working days; but again this is relatively quick.

While I will describe my chemo in later posts; overall, the actual IV process is simple and straight-forward. I didn't want a port in my chest and elected to have IV, switiching arms back and forth (left on day #1 and right on day #2, etc.). This, so far, has worked well with no complications.

No comments:

Post a Comment