Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 15, 2011

On Monday (1/3/20110), I had my appointment with my H/O and I got the results of my 12/27/2010 lab work. Igg was 1564 mg/dl, up slightly from 1558 on 11/22/2010--upper normal is 1554, thus 1564 is only slightly above normal; total protein was 7.1 g/dl, normal and unchanged; M-spike was 1.3 g/dl up from 1.2 in November (it also was 1.2 last June, thus no large change); Kappa Light Chains were 2.42 mg/dl (normal is less than 1.94)--up from November but less than June of 2010. Because there were no large changes and the values were not that different than 6 months earlier, I decided to stay off chemo for another 6 weeks. I have another appointment on Valentine's Day.

On the 25th, I have my monthly Zometa; only 2 more after this on the 2-year schedule. After that, the H/O suggests every other month or quarterly. Zometa has not been a big deal after the second or third time, when I did experience some aches and minor pains.

Later that same day, I had my teeth cleaned and it was decided that I needed a root canal, which was scheduled for the next day. This was done.

On Thursday (1/6/2011), we took off for a week in Puerto Rico, where we did some snorkeling and lots of sunbathing.

Tonight is dex day thus I probably won't sleep tonight. Tomorrow, I take off for Atlanta for some business meetings.

Nothing much else to say; will keep all of you posted; but there is not much to say right now.

1 comment:

  1. It's good that you're having such a good response to the medications. I intend this trend continues for you!

    ReplyDelete