Friday, January 8, 2010

January 8, 2010

The neuropathy resultant from my December 22 and 29, 2009 Velcade infusions is starting to wane; the neuropathy probably peaked between January 2-6, 2010. The neuropathy just manifests itself as weakness and lack of sensation below the knees and tingling sensations in the hands and feet. Yesterday was dex day; and I only slept about 3 hours last night; but other than being a little bit sleepy today was fine. I took an Ambien at 8:00 and hopefully I should sleep fine tonight.

Occasional rashes about the size of dime to a quarter have broken out on my legs (6 total); this likely is an allergic reaction to the Velcade. The don't particularly itch and are more of a nuisance than a problem. I have my O/H appointment on Monday along with my blood work. We plan to discuss the rashes and ascertain the progress of my chemotherapy. If cancer markers go down, the I will continue with Velcade; on the other hand if they start going up, then another drug, such as Revlimid will be considered.

Tomorrow, we will drive north to have Christmas with the Georgia portion of the family; we had Christmas with Florida portion at Christmas. Celebrating holidays with two distinct and geographically separated families is often difficult (Atlanta, Tampa, Orlando, Gainesville, Valdosta, Memphis and St. Pete).

No comments:

Post a Comment